Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I dare not linger

"There is a loftier ambition than merely to stand high in the world.
It is to stoop down and lift mankind a little higher."


This is a promise to myself, from here on out, not to take anything I haven't worked for.

There is a yearning desire inside of me to be recognized. A monster that likes to growl about what I 'deserve' - when the truth is, I haven't earned any greatness. I must conquer this if I ever expect myself to do God's work. I cannot possibly be a servant to my brothers and sisters if I want to be "someone." I am thankful for all of the times I've been shot down, a little blow to my ego helps me to find my center once again. As strange as it sounds, a bit of failure is a good thing for me. I don't want to ever feel entitled or too successful.

I want to be someone great, I think secretly, everyone does - but what I want more than that is to earn it. I can't imagine it any other way.

No comments: