Sunday, April 20, 2008

you can only blame yourself

my addiction is ridiculous. i walk around craving a religious experience. i need a fix. i can devour all the words in the Koran and the Bible, read all about Buddha and other ancient, irrelevant texts - it won't help. i don't want this methadone. i want a true rush. i want a Divine high.



"sweep me under the rug
& a beating with a book everyone
the book tells you to love
there is an ember in the heart of the kiln
& its burning hot with love
Burning out my sins until there's nothing but dust
holding me with care into your cigarette
cause the God i believe in never worked on a campaign trail

what did you learn tonight?
you're shouting so loud you barely enjoy this broken thing
you're a voice that never sings, is what I say
you were freezing over hell
you were bringing on the end, you do so well
you can only blame yourself, it's what I say

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
do you believe in anything?
do you carry it around just to burn things to the ground?"
-brand new;; The Archer's Bows Are Broken

No comments: