Saturday, May 10, 2008

what kind of life you dream of?

yesterday was amazing. I'm so glad I'm finally done with apush! that class was intense, I'm so happy i took it, and i know i learned a lot from Chellams. but still, WHAT A RELIEF! its over! thank God!

i felt like the exam went well. i only left 7 blank and i beasted the DBQ - the other two essays i made up some things and i was really vague... but i don't think they were too entirely disgusting - but it is possible.

i had planned to devote the rest of the day to simplicity: good food, the park, walking, coffee, literature; but as usual i got caught up in politics!

Mrs. Hensly was at the watershed with a few people running for state senate and house. apparently, I'm now working for Edgar Gomez's campaign. he is so interesting, i could listen to him talk all day! anyways, he's running against the republican incumbent, Nikki Haley. my first task is to locate private property that is willing to display his signs. alas, conservative Lexington!

but i love it! i get such a rush out of meeting new people and hearing their ideas on what would make this country better. I've met so many wonderful voters, volunteers, and politicians in the past year - i can't imagine my life without them or their stories. through their passion and hard work, my faith in humanity has been restored.

i can't wait until i don't have to go to school anymore, I'm ready to get on with my own life and start doing what i love 24/7.



when every other part of life seemed locked behind shutters
i knew the worthless dregs we are,
the selfless, loving saints we are,
the melting, sliding dice we've always been.
- know your onion!;; the shins


No comments: